With Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) now classified as a “national threat”, the onus is on all professionals working with children and young people to be alert to young victims, perpetrators and those at risk of abuse and exploitation.
This essential one-day national conference will provide first-hand insight on good practice in tackling the issue in all its forms, including intra-familial abuse and child sexual exploitation.
You will hear from expert speakers and practitioners from around the country including leading figures from the Office of the Children’s Commissioner, NSPCC, Barnardo’s and CEOP.
The conference will enable you to:
- Understand the scale and nature of CSA
- Hear about adopting a public health approach to the issue
- Understand the online threats and develop an effective response
- Hear about the impact of therapeutic interventions in helping abused young people recover from trauma
- Hear about local multi-agency strategies to tackle the problem
- Learn about emerging practice in working with children with harmful sexual behaviour
- Hear how to ensure the voices and experiences of young victims and those at risk are brought to the fore
- Identify and respond to sexually exploited boys and young men
- Reduce the impact of vicarious trauma on staff working with abuse
Who should attend?
- DCSs and Assistant directors
- Head of youth services and youth service managers
- Commissioners of services
- Child protection teams
- Early help teams
- Children’s social workers
- Youth offending teams
- Looked-after children teams
- Heads of safeguarding and safeguarding managers
- LSCB chairs and members
- Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub members
- Mental health practitioners
- Family intervention workers and parenting practitioners
- Children’s health professionals
- Foster care and residential care managers
- The academic community
Book early to benefit from the early bird rates.
What delegates said about our conferences:
“Great opportunity for sharing knowledge and best practice and for networking"
“An informative, productive, well‑structured and inspiring day”
“An invaluable experience”